Blessing Gown Revamp

I have a blessing gown that I made for my son. Yes, I know, a boy in a “dress”?! My husband felt the same way, and yes it was somewhat of a battle. I did win this one though, maybe it’s because I’m the one that sews in the household 🙂

It was rather plain, just white satin with some minor trim, nothing ruffly. I used the McCalls pattern 3063. I didn’t want the sleeves puffy, so I altered my pattern to give me a longer straight sleeve.

But, now that Miss Lily is here, I need to spruce it up a bit. I went to the fabric store and picked up some lacey sheer fabric with a scalloped edge and some ruffly trims. I am very excited about how it will turn out! Here is a photo of my loot:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s