I actually finished the first part for this quilt the week before Mr. J was born, but haven’t really had blogging on the front burner since then. Can you tell?
Either way, here are my blocks for the first part of the Mystery Quilt:
There’s 18 total of the altered 9 patch blocks, 10 of the 4 patch blocks, and 12 of the long rectangular ones, for a whopping total of 40 blocks so far.
I think the blocks without the main fabric (the pink print) look kinda mint chocolate chip-y, don’t you? It didn’t even come into mind when I was picking the fabrics, but now that it reminds me of ice cream I think I like it even more (though I’m not really fond of that flavor unless it’s the Thin Mint one).
The organizer of this mystery was nice enough to email me the second part because I missed March’s guild meeting (I was still in the hospital with the baby). I have yet to get started on it, maybe I’ll blame my slacking on just having a baby because it’s a TON of small blocks with diagonals and HSTs (by a ton, I mean around 50 or so if I remember reading it correctly). Yikes.
I did really want to keep on top of this one so I didn’t ruin the surprise of the mystery. I could just keep the last part in an envelope until I finish all the other parts. We’ll see.
And, here’s a cute baby picture for good measure: