For any of you that have an 18 inch doll in your life than this pattern is for you!
Since Kit has become a part of our family, my daughter and I have been working on a few things to add to her ever growing wardrobe.
Who knew a doll could need so many accessories?!
Since it does get rather cold (only sometimes) around these parts, naturally Kit needed an earflap hat just like her ‘big sisters’ have.
This is a very quick project, and a pretty good one for a beginner also (or a good incentive to learn to crochet).
– Ball of worsted weight yarn
– Small ball of contrast yarn worsted weight (optional)
– Size G hook
Using US terms.
- Ch 3, join to make loop
- Round 1: Ch 2. 9 dc into loop. Join to top of ch 2. (10 sts)
- Round 2: Ch 2, 1 dc in same space. 2 dc in each st of previous round. Join to top of ch 2 from this round. (20 sts)
- Round 3: Ch 2. 2 dc in next st. *1 dc in nest st, 2 dc in next st.* repeat to end of round. Join to top of ch 2 from this round (30 sts)
- Round 4: Ch 2. 1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st. *1 dc in the next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st.* repeat to end of round. Join to top of ch 2 from this round (40 sts)
- Round 5: Ch 2. 1 dc in next 6 sts. 2 dc in next st. *1 dc in next 7 sts, 2 dc in next st.* repeat to end of round. Join to top of ch 2 from this round (45 sts)
- Rounds 6-9: Ch 2. 1 dc in each st till end of round. Join to top of ch 2 from this round (45 sts)
- Cut yarn leaving about 5 inches from hook. Ch 1 and pull tail through. (tie off)
- Count 7 stitches to the right from where you just tied off. Attach yarn and sc in next 6 sts. Ch 1, turn. (6 sts)
- Sc 2 tog, 1 sc in next 2 sts, sc 2 tog. Ch 1, turn. (4 sts)
- Sc in each st (4 sts)
- Sc 2 tog, twice. (2 sts) Tie off again.
Make another earflap the same way, counting 7 stitches in the other direction from the tie off of the hat.
- Starting near the hat tie off, attach contrasting yarn and sc around entire hat and both earflaps. Tie off.
- Cut 6 pieces of contrasting yarn about 12 inches in length. These will be your ties, they will be about 5 inches in length.
- Take 3 pieces and fold in half. Take the looped end and put it through one earflap, from the outside in, and pull the tails through the loop. Braid the ties, and knot. (make 2)
Edited to add: I would LOVE to see any projects you create with this pattern! Feel free to join & share in my Flickr group: Your Lyanna Jean Designs.
Just a reminder, my patterns are for your personal use and enjoyment only. These are not to be produced for profit of any kind. If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.